Savory salad with a twist! This light and tasty dish is a special balance of flavors in a healthy package.
– crab meat strips 1/2 cup
– baby leaves 2 cups
– button mushrooms, cleaned & quartered, about 1 cup
– freshly ground black pepper
– parsley, coarsely chopped, 2 tbsp
– paprika powder
– sea salt
– 1/2 green apple, chopped
– 1/2 carrot, chopped
– 1/2 cup Caesar dressing
1. Place the mushrooms in a large bowl, sprinkle with sea salt and leave for 30 minutes. Rinse under cold water and dry with kitchen paper.
2. Combine the chopped apples, carrots and Caesar dressing in a food processor then transfer to a clean bowl. Spoon over the mushrooms and toss to combine. Season with paprika powder and black pepper to taste.
3. Place the baby leaves on the plate, spoon the mushrooms and dressing into the center of the baby leaves and top with crab meat strips. Sprinkle with parsley.