Entertaining in style, here is a colorful, healthy and “clean” vegetable dish (+ protein). Increase your vegetable intake with this delicious Tuna Salade Niçoise.
– fresh tuna steak
– fresh lettuce, quartered lengthways
– 2 plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
– 2 salad potatoes
– 5 fresh basil leaves
– 8 pitted olives (black or green)
– 5 asparagus
– 4 anchovy fillets, drained, rinsed & cut lengthways into thin strips
– 4 cherry radish, sliced
– 2 eggs, at room temperature (not in the picture, forgot to put it lol)
For the marinade
– 2 tbsp olive oil (or basil-infused olive oil)
– 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
– 1 tbsp chopped parsley
– 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
– freshly ground black pepper
1. Make the marinade. Place the olive oil, wine vinegar, black pepper, chopped parsley and garlic in a bowl, and whisk to combine.
3. Place the potatoes in a pan of boiling water, cover and simmer until just tender. Drain, then cut into quarters lengthways. Cut the asparagus into one-inch lengths on a slant, blanch for 2 minutes or so. Drain and refresh in cold water. Boil the eggs too and cut each egg in half.
4. Heat a pan for 5 minutes. Remove the tuna from marinade, shaking off any excess. Cook the tuna for about 2 minutes on each side, depending on how rare you like it.
5. Arrange the lettuce leaves on serving plates or on 1 large platter and add the tomatoes, potatoes, cherry radish, asparagus and anchovies. Scatter over the olives, basil leaves and eggs. Place the tuna steak on top and drizzle over the remaining marinade.
Healthy. Colorful. Delicious!
This recipe was inspired by one of my favorite chefs (Antony Worrall Thompson).
♡ ♡ ♡