Perfectly baked scones with fresh strawberries dipped in rich and creamy vanilla bean cream cheese. Another sweet retreat to enjoy with family and friends!
3 cups fresh strawberries, stemmed and cut into pieces
2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 stick butter, chilled and chopped
1/2 tsp salt
120 ml heavy cream or milk
Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Dip
1 stick vanilla bean, seeds scraped
8 oz or 1 package of cream cheese
1-2 tbsp honey
1/4 heavy cream or milk
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Grease or line the baking pan with parchment paper. Wash strawberries and remove stems. Cut into pieces. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Toss chopped butter into flour mixture and combine it with a pastry scraper and your clean fingers until mixture resembles course crumbs. Add cream and mix with a rubber spatula until well combined. Slowly and gently fold in the strawberries.
3. Transfer dough to a floured surface and shape into a circular disk about 8 to 10 inches wide. Cut into 8 pieces. Sprinkle sugar on top, if desired.
4. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until slightly golden.
5. While the scones are baking, prepare the VB Cream Cheese Dip. With an electric mixer, whip all ingredients together until smooth and slightly fluffy. Cool in the fridge.
6. Remove scones from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. Serve with cream cheese.
~Bon Appétit ~
Many thanks to the warm, friendly and talented Food Photographer – Justin De Jesus – for collaborating and working with me in this food experimental pursuits. You can check out his craft and works below: