Only a few days left until Christmas!!!
One of the best parts about celebrating Christmas is all of the yummy treats – and no holiday cookie tray would be complete without these cute little guys! Learn how to make these simply delicious Gingerbread Men Cookies for you and your family.
350 g flour
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
140 g brown sugar
120 g Kuromitsu (a Japanese sugar syrup, literally “black honey”. It is similar to molasses, but thinner and milder)
2 tbsp water
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, ground ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in molasses, egg and water. Gradually add the flour mixture, beating on low speed until well combined.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a smooth ball, cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick baking mat. Set aside. Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Roll out each portion of dough to 1/8 to 1/4 -inch thickness on a lightly floured work surface. Cut into gingerbread men shapes with a 4-inch cookie cutter. Place on a baking sheet, allowing space to spread.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Remove cookies from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Decorate cooled cookies as desired.
~Bon Appétit ~
Many thanks to the warm, friendly and talented Food Photographer – Justin De Jesus – for collaborating and working with me in this food experimental pursuits. You can check out his craft and works below: