It’s time to start planning Christmas dinner, sweeties!
Plan your holiday meal with this festive, quick and easy recipe that is sure to impress.
recipe for 2
2 duck breasts
3 tbsp water
1/2 renkon or lotus root, sliced
sprigs fresh thyme
sprigs fresh rosemary
freshly ground black pepper
2 tsp brown sugar
extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Season both sides of the duck breasts with freshly ground black pepper, salt and garlic powder. Sprinkle with brown sugar. In a cast iron skillet or any oven safe pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Sear the duck breasts, fat/skin side down, for about 5 minutes. Add thyme, rosemary and pink peppercorns. Turn the duck breasts over and sear for 2 minutes. Sear the renkon as well until slightly golden.
- Transfer skillet to the oven and roast until the duck is cooked to your liking: 3 to 4 minutes for medium rare and 5 to 6 minutes for medium well.
- Heat a small sauce pan over low-medium heat, pour in the yuzu-cha and water. Boil for 2-3 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Divide sauce into 2 parts and transfer to sauce dishes.
- Thinly slice each duck breast on a chopping board.
- It is best paired with brown rice and red quinoa combination. Arrange on each plate along with renkon, some fresh sprigs of thyme and rosemary – and the sauce. Spoon yuzu sauce over if desired. Serve immediately. Enjoy!!!
~Bon Appétit ~
Many thanks to the warm, friendly and talented Food Photographer – Justin De Jesus – for collaborating and working with me in this food experimental pursuits. You can check out his craft and works below: