They say a perfect waffle is defined as being crisp and well-browned on the outside with a moist, light, airy and fluffy inside – If a light and fluffy waffle interior is important to you, separate your eggs (just like what I did). Here’s the recipe of my delicious, light, fluffy & berry berry tasty waffles! 🍓🍓🍓
– Fresh Eggs 2 (yolks and whites separated)
– Waffle Mix 2 cups (or 2 cups all-purpose flour + 1/2 tsp salt if you don’t have waffle mix)
– Baking Powder 3 tsp
– Sugar 3/4 cup (or waffle sugar)
– Butter 1 cup (melted)
– Milk 2 cups
– Strawberry Essence 1 tbsp
– Fresh Strawberries
– Nappage or Honey Syrup (opt)
– Vanilla Ice Cream
– Powdered sugar
1. Prepare the ingredients and preheat your waffle iron.
2. In a large bowl, sift together waffle mix or flour, salt, baking powder and sugar (or add the waffle sugar after sifting the flour mixture).
3. In another bowl, mix together egg yolks, milk, melted butter and strawberry essence.
4. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients, mix until fully incorporated.
5. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into the batter.
6. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions because every waffle iron is different (this is what I use; there’s an orange indicator light that tells you when it’s ready).
You want your waffles to be crisp and brown on the outside. 🙂
7. Slice some strawberries in half, brush with nappage or honey syrup.
8. Place the waffles on a plate and top with vanilla ice cream. Pour the glazed strawberries all over the waffles and dust with powdered sugar (drizzle with honey syrup if you desire a sweeter taste).
Voilà!!! Your yummy waffles are ready! And they taste as good as they look.
B O N A P P É T I T ! ! !
♡ ♡ ♡