Perfectly baked scones with fresh strawberries dipped in rich and creamy vanilla bean cream cheese. Another sweet retreat to enjoy with family and friends!
4 cups fresh “sweet” strawberries, stemmed and cut into pieces
2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 stick butter, chilled and chopped
1/2 tsp salt
120 ml milk
Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Dip
1 stick vanilla bean, seeds scraped
8 oz or 1 package of cream cheese
1-2 tbsp honey
1/4 heavy cream or milk
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C. Grease or line the baking pan with parchment paper. Wash strawberries and remove stems. Cut into pieces. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Toss chopped butter into flour mixture and combine it with a pastry scraper and your clean fingers until mixture resembles course crumbs. Add cream and mix with a rubber spatula until well combined. Slowly and gently fold in the strawberries.
3. Transfer dough to a floured surface and shape into a circular disk about 8 to 10 inches wide. Cut into 8 pieces. Sprinkle sugar on top, if desired.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until slightly golden.
5. VB Cream Cheese Dip: With an electric mixer, whip all ingredients together until smooth and slightly fluffy. Cool in the fridge.
6. Remove scones from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. Serve with cream cheese dip.
~Bon Appétit ~
Many thanks to the warm, friendly and talented Food Photographer – Justin De Jesus – for collaborating and working with me in this food experimental pursuits. You can check out his craft and works below: